During Development and Production Z-Wave ICs need to be programmed by a application specific firmware. The Sigma Designs SDK provides a programmer PCB that can be used for test and prototype production. However this programmer is not well suited for production programming. The Z-Wave.Me programmer is a professional industry-ready tool for programming Z-Wave firmware files. The programmer is equipped with special programming software and the standard 2×5 pin programming connector used by Sigma Designs. The programmer support Series 500.
- Single button and red/green LED for simplified processes in production
- Built into a robust housing to protect for ESD, dust etc.
- Interface to connect Calibration subsystem to calibrate crystal settings
- Control software that runs on various operating systems (Windows, Linux, OSX)
- Built in process to program serial numbers into firmware images
- Production environment with log files, worker friendly error messages, automated TX calibration
- NVR settings and firmware file are managed in a csv database to reduce errors in production
- Protection of crucial Pre-Calibration values during programming
Z-Wave Chip Calibration Sub System
This calibration subsystem will work with the Z-Wave.Me Programmer or the Silicon Labs Programmer provided as part of the System Development kit. It allows recalibrating Z-Wave Modules or initially calibrating designs based on the SD350x. The device has a built in power supply and a 4-signal connector to connect to the programmer.