Z-Way API guide
Z-Way supports various Application Programming Interfaces (API) depending on the way it is used. It can ran as a standalone service or as a library.
|me.z-wave.* events and encapsulated HTTP API
|Encapsulated HTTP API
|Apps in Automation Engine or via HTTP JS API
Z-Way consists of multiple building blocks that can be used together or separate:
- Z-Way library is the Z-Wave Plus protocol driver
- Z-Bee library is the Zigbee HA 3.0 driver
- Z-Eno library is the EnOcean driver
- Automation Engine is a layer that executes the automation logic and integrates third party wired and wireless protocols. Provides vDev HTTP API. It is open source and is written in Java Script.
- Z-Wave Expert User Interface is the reference User interface for Z-Wave functions and dedicated to Z-Wave Pros. Written in AngularJS and uses the Z-Way HTTP APIs. It is open source.
- Zigbee Expert User Interface is the reference User interface for Zigbee functions and dedicated to Zigbee Pros. Written in AngularJS and uses the Z-Bee HTTP APIs. It is open source.
- Smart Home User Interface is the complete control of all functions of the controller. Written in AngularJS, it uses the Automation Engine's HTTP API. It is open source.
- The find.z-wave.me cloud platform allows remote access to the home network when on the road. It provides a revers-proxy gate for all HTTP APIs mentioned above.
- Native Apps for iOS and Android: Those apps allows controlling your system from a mobile phone. They are written in native code and available from AppStore or Google Play.