Z-Way is a complete Smart Home Controller Software supporting Z-Wave and EnOcean radio protocols, as well as WiFi, MQTT and HTTP-based devices.
Z-Way for Raspberry Pi, Windows, Linux
Z-Way key features:
- Complete Smart Home Controller software for various platforms
- Supports Z-Wave Security S2, Smart Start and Long Range
- Tested against more than 700 physical devices for interoperability
- Easy to integrate with other systems in your home
- Different licensing models
Z-Way runs on a broad variety of hardware such as Raspberry Pi, PC under control of Windows, Ubuntu or Debian, router based platforms with OpenWRT. To use the Z-Wave functions a Z-Wave.Me hardware such as UZB or RaZberry is needed (*). It consists of various building blocks that can be used together or separate:
- The Z-Way lib: This is the core and heart of Z-Way. It implements the Z-Wave controller functions
- The EnOcean lib: This lib implements the EnOcean Device drivers
- Automation Engine: This layer allows running the automation logic and integrates third party wired and wireless protocols. It is open source.
- The Z-Wave Expert User Interface: This is the reference User interface for Z-Wave functions and dedicated to Z-Wave Pros. Written in AngularJS and uses the Automation Engine and Z-Way lib APIs. It is open source.
- The Smart Home User Interface: This allow the complete control of all functions of the controllers. Written in AngularJS and uses the Automation Engine. It is open source.
- The find.z-wave.me cloud platform to allows access to the home network when on the road.
- Native Apps for iOS and Android: Those apps allows using the complete system on the road. They are written in native code and they are available from AppStore or Google Play.
The power of Z-Way lies in its open design. You are more than welcome to contribute to the different building blocks. For more information on hardware platforms, functions, User Interfaces, Customisation options and development environment please refer to the always updated Z-Way manual.
(*) If you want to run Z-Way on your own platform please check the page Will Z-Way run on my platform and contact us for licensing costs and porting effort estimation. Check out Z-Way licensing models.